I had the opportunity to do a bit of travelling during the recent school holidays and this was the second time, hubby and myself decided not take the kids along. Oh, how I missed my munchkins but I made it up by shopping for them big time and hence I packed very minimally – toiletries included. Now I travel quite a bit and over the years I have come to realize that when you’re abroad and on the move you don’t really have time to get all dolled up in the morning before starting on your daily adventures. Having said that, I also do not carry any full size items with me because 1)they’re way too heavy 2)it might leak during the trip 3) I need more space for items purchased in my shopping spree 😛
So this time around I took what I absolutely had to. Products that I have come to love and trust and that come in fantastic small packages ideal for a week or in this case 10 days abroad. But first I had to find a bag that could house all my products and endure the trials of being smashed in a over-full suitcase. And guess what, the answer came to me in one the 2nd edition of Bag of Love. Bag of Love’s Green Bag for May was ideal for this task. I was surprised at the number of items it could fit in and still had some room left for any last minute additions.
What an amazing bag right…. so lets make a list of what I absolutely had to take, as over time I have found that this products absolutely work for me.
- Wild Ferns Manuka Honey Conditioning Hand Cream
- O’slee Rosehip Hydra White Cleansing Powder
- Schwarzkopf Professional Essensity Natural Shine Serum
- Hada Labo UV Moist Emulsion SPF 50++
- Pure South Fresh Goat’s Milk Body Lotion
- Skinlab, Nature’s l@b Antioxidant Body Scrub
- Decleor Hydra Floral Moisturizing Cream
- Sampar Vivid Radiance Serum
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- Kiss Me Heroine Impact Eyeliner
- Stage Wonderbalm Lip Care
- MUA Lipstick
- Kerastase Chroma Riche Shampoo
- Kerastase Chroma Riche Treatment Masque
Not in picture
- Biore Cleansing Oil In Cotton Travel Wipes
- Guerlain La Peteite Robe Noire Perfume Vial
- Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Perfume Vial
So that was what I absolutely had to take !! The only full size item that could not fit in the bag was Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer. As some of you may know most of the beauty products featured here came from the various beauty box/bag subscriptions I subscribe to. These are products I have tried, tested and come to love because they really do a wonderful job of caring for my skin and glam-ming me up and best of all did not take a lot of space. In fact all items were less that 100ml and could have easily been taken onboard as well (which I did as I had too much stuff in my check in luggage on the way back).
So this is me for now … hope you enjoyed this post and do drop a line telling me what are your travel must-have’s !!!